The United Intranet as United Airlines employee portal
A United Intranet is a technical platform and a set of procedures that allow improving the communication of resources and their access to the information and knowledge of the organization.
- It improves communication channels within the organization.
- It allows the organization and process of the work around the information.
- Share information and training resources.
- Share computer resources (applications) and utilities.
- It facilitates the work of network users by having quick access to everything.
- It establishes an infrastructure for the exploitation of internal applications.
Final stage of document management for the employee intranet
All files are stored securely and neatly in a single (or virtually unique) repository.
The internal user can easily find any document by several methods:
A powerful search engine.
- An internal web site of intranet with categories (user-oriented)
- An enriched file structure (project oriented)
- There is no mixing of good documents with obsolete, always accessing the latest version.
- The users must work procedurally, following guidelines related to:
- Document Approval
- Indexing documents
- Blocking documents
- Publication of documents
- Flight tickets
- The office tools (MS word, powerpoint, excell) are integrated with the document management allowing / forcing to work with the Intranet United.
- Users see and access what they need to access.
Final Scenario of the Airline Community
- The home page of Web browsers is the company’s Intranet and is a common place of access and consultation for all employees.
- All employees have access to direct, fluid and undistorted corporate information. In addition, they have the opportunity to interact with that core of information (suggestion box, surveys, etc.)
- There is an updated presentation of internal and external events of the company.
- The different departments “sell” their value and activity to the rest of the company.
- There are areas of use to create joint working groups (improvement commissions, communities, meetings, etc.)
- All collaborators have fast, updated and unique access to all applications, addresses, telephones, organization chart, delegations, services, reference links, templates, etc.
of Document Management
- Saving time wasted searching for documents and / or modifying the wrong version.
- Saving by reducing errors and loss of documents and information about tickets.
- Savings for operational improvements obtained from:
- The integration of office automation and document management in a single environment
- Proceeding the work of the whole team
- Guidance approval flows
- The utilities associated with the system (eg warnings of incorporation of new documents)
- Standardization of organization information
- Avoid duplicate documents in media such as mail, folders, etc.
… of the United Airlines Employee community
- Saving time and errors when finding the right corporate information without redundancy.
- Improvement of the levels of internal communication and increase of the satisfaction of the HR (improvement of the levels of work environment)
- Focus and uniformity of the company’s vision of United Airlines.